Getting Debian to recognise your UK Chromebook
How you can go about getting Debian to recognise your UK Chromebook
I am running Debian on my Chromebook (via Crouton), and one of the issues I had to deal with when I set up Debian initially was that the keyboard layout is set to English(US). In my experience this normally means very minor things normally around where the @ symbol lives.
With the Chromebook however there seems to be way more keybindings that were just different, and non-obvious, so the task of getting the keyboard setup correctly quickly took priority. Here is how I did it.
- Click on Applications Menu
- Go to Settings > Keyboard
- Click on Layout
- Untick 'Use System Defaults'
- Under Keyboard Layout click 'Add'
- Find English (UK), select it and click 'OK'
- Click on English (US) in your list and click 'Delete'
This should be you, keys I would check are |\#~, these all seemed to be the most messed up for me.