You've launched your app and your tech team are working on something else. Let us look after your Rails projects and keep them running smoothly.
What we can do for you
We specialise in taking care of Ruby on Rails projects.
- Update Your Gems We will keep your application running on recent versions of gems, allowing you to take advantage of all the latest improvements and updates.
- Secure Your Site We can make sure old, insecure code is replaced with current and secure code, helping with compliance and giving you peace of mind.
- Monitor Your Server We can set up accurate and timely reporting on how your application is performing and alert you to issues as they happen.
- Improve your test suite We can make pragmatic improvements to your test suite to make sure your site is well tested and that your tests run fast.
- Modernise Your Deployments We can help set up Continuous Integration (CI)along with automated tests. Speeding up the time it takes for changes to get in front of your users.
- Review Your Code Acting as a second opinion, we can advise on improvements that can be made to the code to help keep it secure, performant, and a joy to work on.
- Make Your Code Performant We can save you money on your hosting and your user's money on their bandwidth by ensuring your app is performing at its best, by cutting bloat and using modern performance techniques.
- Write Your Documentation We can help to document the project in its current form, helping inform future tech decisions and speed up onboarding of new developers onto the project.
Who we are
We are a team of Ruby on Rails developers based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
We've worked with companies ranging from 2-people start-ups to multi-national enterprise-size organisations. We have completed work across all sectors of our industry, including working for one of the UK's largest children's charities, and government departments.
ClientsTo see more clients please visit our dedicated clients page.
Application development and team leadership for Barnardo’s, London.
Working remotely to deliver new features and improvements to a Ruby on Rails project, for DCMS.
Improving the existing system, re-enabling functionality, and tidying up the backlog, for the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary, London.
Working remotely to review code bases and advise on technical direction, for Camden Council, London.
We are very lucky to have kind words shared by our clients, here are just a few:
We hired tosbourn to deliver Ruby on Rails training, and Toby took charge of the syllabus and timetable pretty much immediately. It was refreshing to not have a series of tedious meetings before getting started. Toby’s depth of knowledge and the way he communicates that knowledge made everything run smoothly and on schedule. What was most impressive was Toby producing extra video content we can continue to use long after the training is over. The training has already had a positive effect in the wider organisation, and given our developers the confidence to tackle bigger, more complex, and more impactful projects. I would happily recommend tosbourn for RoR training, no hesitation Derek Johnson, Senior Manager - Online Platforms, Barnardo's, Barnardo's
Toby has been a vital resource for us as we have updated our website. We were initially keen for help on improving the gallery's SEO and with advice on navigating our Google Analytics, but he advised us on so much more. From suggestions about integrating our website with our database system to QR codes in Asia and even spotting typos — his astute eye for detail has been very much appreciated. Toby goes above and beyond. He responds quickly, always with a positive and helpful attitude and works hard to keep projects on schedule. Mackie Healy, Head of Marketing & Communications, Lisson Gallery
As our interim CTO, Toby has been invaluable in bridging the knowledge gap between Senior Management (who don’t have a technical background) and our development team.
He has helped us with roadmap prioritisation, identifying and resolving technical issues and provided solutions, advice and a series of recommendations (that we will be implementing) on how we can continue to improve processes, management and further bridging that knowledge/culture gap.
He’s also friendly, diplomatic, ethical and very responsive. It’s been a pleasure working with him and we’ve all learnt a lot – thanks Toby!Dr Lucy Davies, Product Manager, Vertigo Ventures
Want to work with us?
Interested in learning more about how we could help maintain or modernise your Ruby on Rails application?
Send us an email with the following information:
- Some details about your company
- Some information about the application you need support for
- If you have any budget or time limits we should be aware of