Internet Explorer Cannot Open The Internet Site - Operation Aborted

I found this error this morning after adding some JavaScript into a page.

Internet Explorer Cannot Open The Internet Site ***** Operation Aborted

Which I found more than a little odd since I was using some well supported jQuery that wasn't doing anything particularly fancy.

After a lot of Googling I found out that this is a known issue and Microsoft have issued some patches concerning it, but if you want to fix the issue across the board for IE you just need to add the following into your opening script tag.

defer='defer'

This basically will defer the execution of the script until the page has finished loading (something I didn't particularly want to happen but ho-hum!)

Recent posts View all

TextExpander

TextExpander Usage Statistics

I was curious about how TextExpander calculated usage across different apps, here is what I've found

Rails

Making your Trix toolbar sticky

Editing long sections of text can be cumbersome with the Trix editor. Let's make it better.