Resources for getting up to speed with Redis
Here's a list of resources that will help you get up to speed with Redis
Redis has been about for some time now but my first real experience with it was fairly recently whilst at ExamTime and it wasn't something I needed to hack on top of, at Buffer we have decided to start using it for some new functionality we are building out so I decided it would probably be best to bone up a little on it and get up to speed with Redis.
Before I list the resources I will give a very basic background, so that if you have stumbled upon this page you don't waste your time going through a load of other pages that will be meaningless to you!
Essentially Redis is a key-value store, but it is a bit more than that, this is from the Redis website:
Here are the resources I have used to help get up and running with Redis;
- The Little Redis Book By Karl Seguin - A great freely available PDF book that goes through plenty of Redis related content (disclaimer: I haven't read it all yet, just skimmed some sections).
- Redis 101 Slidedeck - A deck of slides going through a basic introduction to Redis
- Redis In Practice Slidedeck - A deck of slides going through some real life use cases for Redis
- Why and When you should use Redis - A youtube video of a talk given by the author of Redis in Action on why and when you should use Redis.
- The Redis Documentation - The official documentation, always good to read!
- Antirez Weblog - The creator of Redis, I figured it makes sense to keep up to date with what is happening on his blog!