Typeahead.js The Book!
I wrote a book about typeahead.js, here's an overview of it
I have written a book on Typeahead.js, which you can buy the book from Amazon!
For those who don't know Typeahead.js is something created by the fine folks at Twitter that gives typeahead functionality to text input fields. It is really useful functionality and Tim Trueman, Veljko Skarich, Jake Harding, and co should be proud of their efforts.
For anyone interested the book will cover such things as;
- Installing Bower for Typeahead.js
- Basic Searching using Typeahead.js
- Preloading JSON
- Fetch data from the server
- Prefetching data with a server fallback
- Manipulating data
- Creating custom events
- Collecting the dataset
- Displaying your data to the user
- Caching your results
- Using LocalStorage
- Minimizing lookups
- Testing the Typeahead.js codebase
- Testing your code that uses Typeahead.js
- Integrating Typeahead.js into Bootstrap
- Integrating Typeahead.js into WordPress
- Integrating Typeahead.js with Ruby on Rails