Cut and Paste in Vim
A quick and easy guide on how to cut and paste using Vim
To cut and paste a chunk of code in Vim follow these instructions;
- Place the cursor on the line you want to begin cutting.
- Press V to select the entire line, or v to select from where your cursor is.
- Move the cursor to the end of what you want to cut, using h,j,k, or l
- Press d to cut it, or y to copy it.
- Place the cursor where you would like to paste your copied stuff.
- Press P to paste it before your cursor, or p to paste it after the cursor.
You can cut and paste between buffers.
And that is it! Now you can cut or copy and paste in vim!