I was recently chatting to a client about the importance of their blog and said I would fire them across some articles I have found useful around idea generation for blog content.
I realised after I said I would do this that all the links I have are sitting in different places, so I took this opportunity to put them all into one place that I and others can easily reference.
- How to create 100 content ideas in 30 minutes – This was written by Nial Toner, who works for a company I used to work for. He knows his stuff and this is a great read.
- HubSpot’s content generator – This is cheesy and I wouldn’t blindly follow their suggestions but I have hit on a few topic ideas before by using it.
- How to generate a year’s worth of blog post ideas – This post from 2013 has some great ideas in it. I go back on forth in my head about the usefulness of a content calendar, but the rest of the advice is incredibly useful.
- The Art of Content Marketing – This is an older post still and not directly related to getting content ideas in but the sections on preparation are interesting and during said prep you will undoubtedly generate some great ideas.
- 6 Steps to creating blockbuster content – I am not a fan of the term “blockbuster content” but this is a good read by knowledgable folks at State Of Digital.
- Behind the titles: where post ideas come from – Belle Beth Cooper is an amazing content creator. I trust her opinion on all things content. This article on where some of her posts have come from is a fantastic read.
- Evergreen Content Ideas – Is a great list of 100 different ideas for Evergreen Content. (warning, Evergreen Content is hard work!)