Formatting on Slack
How to do formatting on your Slack messages to improve their readability
Formatting on Slack is pretty straight forward, so here we go.
Whatever text you would like to see bold, just pop some
* on either side.
This is my bold text.
Whatever text you would like to see italicised, just pop some
_ on either side.
This is my italicised text.
To have some inline code, just pop a
` on either side.
my inline code.
To make a code block, pop three
` on either side of your code.
This article is Part 7 in a 12 Part Series
- Part 1 - Slack Shortcuts
- Part 2 - Setting Reminders on Slack
- Part 3 - Accessibility Options on Slack
- Part 4 - Making Custom Emojis on Slack
- Part 5 - Setting Your Status on Slack
- Part 6 - Shrugging on Slack
- Part 7 - This Article
- Part 8 - Making a Channel on Slack
- Part 9 - Syntax Highlighting on Slack
- Part 10 - Custom Startup Messages on Slack
- Part 11 - Adding an integration to a Slack room
- Part 12 - Integrating RSS feeds to Slack (including YouTube)